Dear kids , do you always make efforts to be popular ; to be liked by others ; to be listened ?
Do you this you are getting under this pressure to be accepted by your peers ?
How about achieving this by just training yourself some magical tips … Thus talk so others listen and listen so that others talk to you.
Just remember and understand some important points :
- When people are upset questions and criticisms can make them feel worse. Just imagine being judged or questioned when you are sharing a sensitive feeling with your close friend . You don’t like it Right !Same is with your friends. So its better to listen actively with just a nod , a sound or a word. This may help your friend feel better and think better , thus strengthening your relationship.
- Avoid dismissing your friends thoughts and feelings. This may leave him/her less interested to talk to you. Rather put his/her thoughts and feelings into words. It is much easier to talk to someone who who accepts your feelings and gives you a chance to come to your conditions.
- Instead of dismissing wishes, give them in fantasy, what you cannot give in reality.When a friend dismisses your wishes and put you down for even having them , you can feel demeaned and frustrated. It is easier to deal with reality if the friend can give us what we want i fantasy.
- Rather than returning the result, say what you feel. Dont counterattack, but tell your friend about how you feel when you are insulted that way and what would you like or prefer.
- Praise your friend honestly. You need not butter, just explain briefly what you like summing up with a word like – good, beautiful, wonderful etc.
- Learn to say “NO ” politely. Never allow anybody to influence or pressurize you to do the things you dislike to perform. Firmly tell them that you cannot be a part of the activity and briefly tell why. Don’t let such activities affect your friendship if you really value it. Stay on and respect each other .
SO ALWAYS REMEMBER FEELINGS , CIVILITY AND WORDS DO MATTER . RUDE WORDS , INSULT AND PUNISHMENTS HAVE NO PLACE IN CARING RELATIONSHIPS. OUR DIFFERENCES SHOULD NOT DEFEAT US . WE ALL NEED TO FEEL VALUED . SO LOVE YOUR FRIENDS AND ENJOY POSITIVELY.